X-Pert Multimedia Solutions Partners with PTGM on OBI Brand
PT Horizzon Global Media (PTGM), the Indonesian business partner of the broadcast software developer X-Pert Multimedia Solutions (XMS), announced it’s own OBI brand, fueled by XMS’s technology. The new brand was presented at Broadcast Indonesia 2018 (October 24 – 26) in Jakarta, where the two companies participated. The OBI brand is based on the X-Pert Multimedia Solutions technology and includes: OBI Play, OBI Graphic, OBI Ingest, OBI Combo, and OBI Studio.
“The OBI brand is a result of our successful partnership aiming to empower customers with latest broadcast technology solutions and deliver the best possible user experience,” says Ludmil Kushinov, CEO of X-Pert Multimedia Solutions. “We are thrilled that we were able to participate together with PT Horizzon Global Media in the most influential media, entertainment and technology Indonesian show and present our brand. We were impressed by the number of visitors to our booth and the great interest in our products and we enjoyed many inspiring conversations”.
“The OBI brand give us an opportunity to serve even the most demanding customers,” says Stefanus Tandra, Sales Director at PT Horizzon Global Media.
OBI brand key products
Provides the necessary playout automation processes, needed in today’s broadcast facilities. Its modular architecture makes it suitable not only for broadcasting organizations of any size but for media professionals who need seamless content playout automation. OBI Play secures unattended operations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is available in UHD/HD/SD-SDI or IP streaming,
- Nvidia Quadro hardware accelerated HEVC and H264 encoding
- Single CPUs able to do 4K HEVC and H.264 streaming
- SCTE-104 support on X-Pert PLAYOUT SDI outputs
- Support NDI Input and Output
- Seamless 4K playout with CG branding (It is hardware dependent on the broadcast board used)
- Collapsible playlist
- User definable interface
- Every clip in the playlist (except the one which is currently playing) can be trimmed, edited or re-positioned
- Multi Parallel Output (MPO): OBI Play MPO enables the running of two or more outputs, SD/HD-SDI (with real-time rescaling) and IP streaming
- Multi-channel multi-language audio and subtitling capabilities
- Loudness control
- Simultaneous video scaling of both live input and playlist output
- Mixing different media formats, frame rates and resolutions in a single playlist
- Playback of clips still being ingested
- Live products are facilitated by the powerful Live Show Clipboard which allows insertion and/or execution of various events or live streams
- Third party device control
- Detailed Playout Log
- Can be controlled by external automation via GPI, DTMF or VDCP
- Support of audio-only content in OBI Play, for radio, music and informative channels playout automation purposes
- Support of encrypted audio and/or video content in OBI Play
- Fast forward feature to provide with more time for commercial in 24 hours standard scheduled playlist, for movie channels purposes
- Grayscale option per output
- Adjustable global color option
- RTMP streaming input and output
Multiple channels of HD or SD content can be captured from HD/SD SDI digital feeds, analogue sources and MPEG transport streams. Four video sources can be monitored on a single screen and controlled via a new streamlined user interface. In addition audio levels can be monitored as loudness/true-peak displays and adjusted when required.
- Four independent ingest channels in a single server *
- Scheduled capturing of satellite feeds with automated channel switchingComprehensive Metadata handling (TCI, MTD creation)
- HD capturing (optional)
- File splitting based on duration
- Multi-channel audio capturing (optional)
- API available for OEMs
- All 4 instances in a single screen
- New Streamlined User Interface Design
- Add Metadata during ingest (position markers, notes, etc.)
- Loudness/True Peak audio meters are available for precise audio level fine-tuning
- Automated RS-422 VTR control with batch capturing lists
- Third-party traffic system capture list import
- Closed Captioning support under EIA-608/708 standards
- New digital RTMP stream source
*Number of available ingest channels depends on used capture compression and hardware resources.
A sophisticated, yet extremely user-friendly on-air CG and graphic manager. It lets you create different static or dynamic objects such as rolls, crawls, multi-layered simultaneous still pictures, analog and digital clocks, animated logos etc., and save them in projects. You can easily use them for direct broadcasting or as customized templates for future use. In addition, OBI Graphic has a built-in Scheduler which lets you start objects from previously created project(s) at different times.
- Standalone NDI output with NewTek API
- Live input DX object support NDI NewTek API
- Simple or animated logo insertion
- Program related announcements such as now, next, stay tuner or coming up next notifications
- Lower thirds for captions
- Artist, Album, Song name, etc. captions for music videos
- Breaking news or similar ‘flash’ item display
- Text objects support any language
- Right-to-left and Left-right scripting
- Total on-air CG control: each and every CG object can be edited during the on-air session
- Manual or automated changes of text contents, animation/rolling speed, position and properties
- can be done on-the-fly
- Roll/crawl speed can follow a predefined speed curve (dynamic speed of roll and crawl objects)
- Slide Sequencer – Easy slide and layer management is provided by the intuitive Slide Sequencer
- Automated text rendering into graphics templates
- Dynamic data sources
- Task manager
- Advanced Scripting Engine.
For more information, please contact X-Pert Multimedia Solutions or PT Horizzon Global Media.